Welcome to The Sleep Connection.
The aim of TSC is to help you understand the connection sleep has on all aspects of your life. Many of you may not be getting the amount of sleep you require. In fact over 30% of primary school children and 70% of teenagers are sleep deprived.
Good quality sleep helps:
- Optimise learning, memory and concentration
- Support our emotional health and wellbeing
- Promote positive behavior and decision making
- Improve energy levels and promotes healthy growth, metabolism and immune system
Sleep for Children and Teenagers
If you are part of the group experiencing insufficient sleep this may be having a negative
impact on your learning, energy, mood and relationships.
Click here to read more about:
- Why sleep is important
- Amount of sleep required
- Signs you may be sleep deprived
- Effects of Insufficient Sleep
- Sleep thieves- causes of insufficient sleep
- Common Sleep problems
To learn more about the options for improving your sleep health, see below.
The Sleep Connection
“Sleep to be a Smarter Happier Healthier you” program for students.
To learn more come to a student education session hosted by your school. For more information visit Program Overview
Smart Sleep Habits
For Smart Sleep Habits you can implement now, visit: Smart Sleep Habits.
Note: Talk to a trusted parent, carer, teacher or health professional if you are tired, stressed, having difficulty concentrating during the day and/or finding it hard to sleep at night. They can assist you with implementing relevant Smart Sleep Habits and/or help you seek professional help if this is required.